Quarantine Quilting Services
Let’s get’em done!
QUILT TOPS – Everyone is trying to stay afloat during these strange times. So…while you’re piecing your quilt top – because you can – we would love to quilt your quilt tops for you. You get them to us, we’ll quilt them and get them back to you. Please provide batting and backing. We simply ask for .018 per square inch. The form will calculate your square inches and that’s it! Get it in a box and send it over, we’ll get it quilted and send it back. Quilt designs will be a simple custom edge to edge or computer guided edge to edge. Leave us a note on checkout or via email (email@example.com) with any ideas or wishes you may have.
This is a non-smoking and pet-free environment. AND we have cleaned extensively to ensure what is inside your box will be virus-free.
Currently, turn around time is 3 weeks depending on workload and when your quilt top arrives. We promise to keep you updated with images and email of status and progress.
Thank you so much for helping out in this time of need. Please pay attention to the Additional Information tab.
Backing: Please send your backing already prepared and with a minimum of 4" larger on all sides than your quilt top. (That's 8" extra in length and width).
Batting: All batting must be a minimum of 4" larger on all sides than the quilt top. (Again, 8" extra in length and width).
- Quilter's Dream Select 100% Cotton is available for $12 per linear yard. Select is Medium Loft and of medium weight. Quilters Dream has other lofts, please ask for a quote. All their batting’s are wonderful and made in the United States.
ONLY QUILTERS QUALITY BATTING IS ACCEPTED
Thread: I will use Superior So Fine (50wt), Omni (40wt) or Glide (40wt). $8 flat fee for thread.
- Please press your quilt top and backing.
- Trim excess threads from the front of your quilt. The less often I have to stop and cut thread, the better.
- I will provide photos of the process as work progresses. I want you to be informed every step of the way. You have entrusted me with a precious item and I intend to treat it as such.
- Please remember that puckered piecing cannot be quilted out. I can work with some fullness in the border. I'm not afraid to let you know if I cannot do your project.
Have a message for us?
Whatever it is, we're here to listen!